Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sinner's Prayer

I tell you, i like this facebook note thing because you get alot of feedback. I want all ya'll to know that I love ya'll with the passion of the moons ability to pacify the urgency of the ocean. and that is a lot. I will say this, ya'll have put perspective in my life. I know no that I must let some things and some people go who are a part of my life. But that is another blog.


This right here is probably the most spiritual thing I have ever wriiten and it still has cursin.

Sinners Prayer.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray my soul the lord to keep, And If i die before I wake, If I die before I wake

If I die before i wake, i take bended knee with my head to the sky
Given less than a damn if my roommate sees me cry
Eyes shut tight, so that it may seem that I'm blind
But god gave me this staff, and with it my people I will guide
And I could give a damn who told me Jesus was the way
Cause society is wrong, thats why I've been forced to pray
Although others may see you as just a religion
Based off a book filled with man-made provisions
But when everything is distorted, in which they thought it was clearer
And for a couple of dollars they friends sell you up the river.
When they kill the souls of innocent black people
When it gets so bad your motha won't even greet you
When the hate in ya eyes is seen by the old
And the heat in your soul has dropped to one below
When the tears in my refuse to run down my cheeks.
When you bitin on that gun so hard you chip ya teeth
Thats when I drooped to my knees with my eyes to the sky
While others try to distract, my eyes were wide on the prize
And I talked to the ceiling like i preached to this paper
But my preachin to this paper was my sole mean of prayer
So I'll never turn my back on, you Lord again.
Cause through those tribulations, I found you were my only friend.

Now I lay me down to sleep
and pray to the lord my soul he will keep
But if I die before the end of my rest
I pray to God my soul he'll accept.

No comments: