Sunday, June 1, 2008

Old Blog Post9 (4-23-06)

As I look past the obviuos, and seek the truth, I realize that life is what we make it. I hear it all the time, but never grasped the concept of it. During a time when THIS world is falling apart, I have aquired a new happiness. I have reached the apex of abstinence and I don't want to reach new heights. In five weeks my life will crumble as a class of peoples lives are formed and yet at this time I feel so happy. Today, my mother said she has no apprciation for hip-hop, when throughout my whole life she has said "You must have an appreciation for all things inorder to learn your surroundings." Then a few hours later after returning home from an art festival she stated "It upsets me when our people can't show apprciation for other black people's work." How can another generation that has been through mo shit then we, judge us by music they have heard but never grasped the concept of it. That my friends, generally pisses me off. But Why let it effect me, when I'm going to change it.

No comments: