Sunday, June 1, 2008

none

You know whats funny, Life. It is amazing how at one moment you can be on the most amazing pursuit of happyness and the next moment you feel happyness is a distant and a fantasy like ideal. An ideal thats confuses you like the concept of love. This may sound depressing, but when does one actually reach happyness? I always wanted to ask a Buddhist's, "How do you know if you haven't already reached Nirvana?" If life is about the pursuit of happyness, will it really be worth it once you obtain it. For me, the struggle of finding solutions has always given me a kick. So when the answers have been found and put into practice...whats next? After you have reached all of your goals and have obtained all of dreams, what do you do? Well, I suppose, one will never reach happyness because the goal in which you desire will change.

I dont know if anybody knew, but one of my many dreams as a child was to be a rockstar like most children wanted to be. In my case, I always wanted to be rapper. I dont think anyone can deny that as a child they sung their favorite while imagining they were performing a concert. Lord knows i did that to every will smith song that came on the radio. Side note: will smith is one of my favorite rappers. Recently i was blessed with the opportunity to record three songs. A dance, a fight, and a conscience song. I am convinced that the rap career is not my forte. I can say that i have fulfilled one of my dreams. to fulfill a dream feels like a laugh at funeral after watching your father crack jokes even in the aftermath of his fathers death. To all my poets out there, to fulfill a dream feels like that fifth to twelfth line when everything just flows free. To fulfill a dream feels like your first two points in a basketball game or your first touchdown in football or your first hit in baseball or your first goal in soccer. To fulfill a dream feels like you have actually achieved this mysterious happyness. BUT, as my mother says their is a negative to every positive. So here i am, MR. REVOULUTION, trying to rap. I quickly realized that in those three songs, i did everything that i dispise about my people. I called women bitches, called black men niggas, and spoke on actions i don't do.

My happyness was halted because i spoke on things that were socially acceptable. Now this is a great point. Socially acceptable. During the course of my life i have been all types of different. but the adjective that stands out the most is weird. This is perfectly fine with me because normal just ain't right. Whats funny to me are those who try to fit within the parameters of society acceptability. Those people are weird. People who dress in a fad. Those who speak a dialect that is different from their own just to fit into the regulations of cool. When i recollected on this, i realized that i ,again, had contradicted myself. Thus, the bald head. Honestly, I don't give two parts of a loose shit what anybody had to say about and still don't. This will probably not offend anyone because most of ya'll will probably scroll to the bottom, leave a shitty ass comment and goon with your day. Not to disrespect other writers, but why is it that erotic writers and those who write about self actualization get more respect than writers who speak conscience subjects. Like my old motto states, if sex sells, i will forever be without money but rich in words. So you see, even within my own actions and passions, i find and lose happyness.

No comments: