Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Prospect

This is my favorite so far in the new era of writing.

If hip-hop is dead, the funeral is played every Monday thru Friday on BET from 6 to 7:30

Don't get me wrong, I love to dance,
But real real hip-hop lyrics will put you in a trance
Make you throw a fist, and become an activist
Throw ya D's away and say "fuck the pacifists."
what kind of rap is this
The new step it and fetch it shit.
Don't get me wrong, I like to show my money and shine my ride,
But the trials of the times, are focus on my mind
If you, sellin death to my people,
And still have the audacity to demand respect from people,
The you, are the nigga-esque of my people
The epicenter of non-respect for my people.
Thru this music, the works of predecessors is being undone.
Lets have intellectual battles like DuBois and Washington,
Beef about how we can increase our positive status
Rhyme a way to relieve this ignorant traffic
Have freestyle wars about turnin cheeks or by any means necessary
Spit 16 bars on how to extend pride outside of February.
Then we'll have an excuse to listen to more than just a beat,
Instead of hearin niggas talk, we'll learn to listen to brothers speak.
In the future, hip-hop will be the site of an evolution,
not to just music but my people's revolution.

No comments: