Sunday, June 1, 2008

It all makes sense

This is all a dream. I'll wake up at 4:36 in the morning on a Monday of the 3rd week of August and realize that I'm late for band camp. In my run to the field I'll realize that my freshman year hasn't even begun. I'll tell all the band people that I don't yet know about the realest dream I've ever had. They'll all laugh at me and instantly, I'll become the new crazy guy in the band. This must be a dream because in the real world, what person has such a great life? Regardless of the bumps that happen every time I roll over, this dream was the best. Other than in a dream, where can an individual meet such good people. When I say good people, I don't mean people that are perfect. These good people are the best people in the world. These good people help me realize that my dreams are attainable. These good people have told me that regardless of my personal fears, all goals are lateral, only a quick jog away.

To the Band
The lessons I've learned can not be close to being captured in words. Just when a person thinks he knows himself, he learns something new. Just when a person thinks he can't push any further, you say keep pushing. I can't wait til I wake up because these dreams of greatness will definitely motivate my reality. They have done greatness for this small piece of subliminal life.

To The Phreaks
Bricks
Brains
Board
Bruises.
None of these have the potential of possibly explaining how my drive phor, not just band, but phor LIFE have been increased. If only this wasn't a dream, I could show you how miserable my life really is, but in this dream, I will PHorever be thankful and great-phul for the inspiration. In reality I will use this inspiration to get me through the tough times that are assured to come.

To my Drew Hall Brothers,
I Love MY Drew Hall. You already know. I can't imagine Howard without my heatbox of a room. This dream has been comforted by this Full Twin and these hot sheets. More importantly, my Drew Hall brothers have given me something that I haven't had in a long time, Home. As a child I never had brothers. I never experienced a brother-to-brother bond or fight. Honestly, I think I might have had too many, but I'll neva get tired of them. Maybe when I wake up, I can fully enjoy it.

To my Ace
I’m guessing that in every dream, you need a guide. As I sit here and wonder what the purpose of this dream is, I realize that my guide is an exact replica of what I am. So in essence I can't stand anything about me, but will die in protecting all senses of myself. Therefore, Ace, this journey is far from over. Whenever I awake, I will find you again and we shall do great things.

To the bear, the steroid king, mighty Sparta, yoshi, and the rest of the crew,
I pray to the heavens that whenever this journey of a dream is over, I will awake and a group of friends who are as loyal and trustworthy will exist. In many ways the steam engine that makes one stop at my dreams is powered by your water. Your tolerance of my craziness is impeccable. All of you will be needed in my awoken world.

For the girl who drove me crazy
You are the bearer of headaches. How I met yo crazy ass in my dreams still amazes me. But like I always say, no struggle no identity. Somehow, even after all the time you pissed me off to no ends, I came back. I returned embracing your every move and want. In my dream, I now realize that you symbolize the struggle that I love. The pain that I am soooooo addicted to. It's really going to take the rest of this dream to act as rehab against this horrible addiction. But remember, I still love you and will look for you in my awaken state.

For the girl I let go too easy
You asked me, who was my biggest crush in this dream. I did not answer. I can remember in the genesis of the dream, you reminded me of everything a proud black woman should be. Your skin radiated with the glow of my ancestors smile. Your smile reflected the memories of struggles boasted upon by old black folk on country porches. Your hair was locked like my soul is tied to my people. I could have sworn I met the woman of…well my dreams. But I soon realized that you were not mine to have. You were a symbol of the fight I have yet prepared myself for. When I wake from this dream, I will prepare myself for the fight ahead. Because rather later in this dream or in reality, I will NOT lose this fight again.

For the girl I’m not done with yet.
After many attempts, it would seem that I have failed. I can't stop missing you and I can't help but wait. In this dream maybe you’re a puzzle that I can't figure out. You grab my attention with your mystery and your intellect. In this dream, I am not done trying to unlock all the goodies from your mind. You have to have some kind of effect on me because you led me to baldness. When I awake, it would be unfair for God to withhold you from my life. But if it is to happen, No doubt, I will riot to the heavens just for your presence.

So, As I roll in my unconscious state of life, I realize that my dreams must change with my realities. But Life is so FUCKIN GOOD. I’m RIDIN HIGH. Now I just wait till I awake.

No comments: