Sunday, May 16, 2010

Random Thoughts Vol. 2

-Learning is a disease. If you don’t learn you will live forever. Not life in terms of age, but in terms of ignorance. I dream to die young.
-Black women’s hair should be a class in college .  
It’s so complex that it could probably be a major with a concentration. In fact, that subject might be the hardest major ever. Classes would include, hair history ,
hair literature, hair biology, hair philosophy
, hair political theory, hair art
, women and hair, human sexuality and hair, grammar and hair, freshman hair seminar, hair theory, French hair
, Spanish hair, German hair, hair in fiction, Black hair since 1940, Black hair before 1940, and Black naps and society.
I guess the moral of this thought is I can’t go to beauty school.


-Best friend connections are amazing. Regardless how often or not you talk or see them, the great connection still remains.
 
-Last night, I had a dream/nightmare that somehow I had to go back to my middle school as a grown 20-year-old-man because of some justified political-educational loop hole. I woke up scared senseless. I’m not sure it was repeating what I once despised or the fear of regression that that petrified me the most.
 
-How tall is Spike Lee for real? I wonder if he will ever put out a movie as good as Do the Right Thing.



-What ever happen to the art of the Black movie? Black films used to be controversial and impacting. The movies of Robert Townsend, Spike Lee, John Singleton, Melvin Van Peebles, Keenan Ivory Wayans, and Gordon Parks that would express the plight of blacks while displaying black pride and black traditions. Nowadays, Black film is just drama and comedy with no substance. Where are the black love stories like Jason’s Lyric
  and Love and Basketball? Where are the black films that show blacks in the aspects of black culture? Movies like Do the Right Thing, The Inkwell,
Boyz in the Hood, Friday, and Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song?
Where are the films that showcase the greatness (good and bad) of black society? The movies like New Jack City, American Gangster, The Five Heartbeats, Head of State, Roots, Glory, The Color Purple, and Men of Honor. Where are the BLACK FILMS?

1 comment:

Alexanndria James said...

I'll get on that. Filmmaking on deck.