Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pen Pals: Letter 1/Realizations

Dear Shannon,



I will start this letter by adding the most obvious statement in letter writing. I hope this letter reaches you in good health. In addition, I hope this letter makes it you without being half way opened and any mysterious blacked out lines from the German governments attempt to censor this letter. As a mater of fact, I should be more concerned about the American Bureau of Censorship doing those things. ABC…Get it? You know like the T.V. station that blinds people from seeing the truth in real world issues by throwing four unattractive, over promiscuous, 40 year old women in the face of America.

Attached to this letter you will also find a copy of “Awaken,” to inspire you. You remember? The only blog you have cried after reading it.

Although it is late in the latter, I want to know how are you doing? Are you feeling homesick like Scoby from White Boy Shuffle? Speaking of which, I would for when you to come back to the states and see me as the fore running leader of a black conscience revolution. That would be a huge dream come true for you and me. I promise you that I have not given up on that dream or my people.

I’m taking a few classes this semester that are increasingly expanding my thinking and solidifying my perspective in black political theory, but I will explain that in another letter.

Here is a question that I was asked in one of my classes that I would love for you to answer: When did you realize that you were black? Was it a happy day? Or do you remember being in pain?

I was searching my mind and I ran across a memory of us just kickin’ it in my car. There may have been sexual activity, but my mid focused on how we used to just chill and be happy. I ain’t getting all sappy and shit, I’m just realizing the real friendship we have. It’s amazing how our friendship has lasted the tear of time. Or is it wear of time?

I don’t know how long this letter is supposed to be but here is my address:

Bryant Brown

[insert address]


Do not answer any of theses questions unless they are in the response of this letter. And be long winded. Remember who you are and what made you.



This Nigga



Bryant Brown

No comments: