Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Going to House

A lifetime without words is a pointless and useless life without expression and happiness. It's been a while since the last time I have written anything outside of school. I have a lot of things to talk about.

As I was walking to my temporary home I was thinking, exactly what is home? Some say home is where the heart is, but is the heart established in a particular territory. After talking amongst a few of my peers, they say that home is not necessarily a particular space, but can be identified as the place where you can say you learned the most. In my case that would be Greenwood, Mississippi. In actuality, Mississippi is a place where I spent the least amount of time during my 19 years under the stars. So how does time effect where your heart is and therefore where your home is? Home, to me, can not be defined by territory. I hear people around me say they're going home to Baltimore or some far off state. When I say I go home, I go to the place that settles my soul. Home is simply in words. A lot of people may not understand that concept and I do not expect a lot of people to understand how articles, adverbs, adjectives, and conjunctions could ease one's soul. Well let's see. In life there are few constants. Even the constants that we think are constants are actually not. Words are a combination of an ever changing constant. Rarely do definitions change but often writing changes. In other words, writing will never leave me and as long as my mind still fathoms the concept of variation, repetition, and pronunciation, words will forever be my home.

1 comment:

LO{words}VE said...

OMG i love it! words are absolutely my home! the only thing i can always depend on!